Conference “Energy for Europe”. Joined voices for discussion on European future energy policy
Conference”Energy for Europe”
Joined voices for discussion on European future energy policy
27th October 2022, Sofitel Europe, Place Jourdan in Brussels
It’s our privilege to invite you to a discussion roundtable organized jointly by Union of Entrepreneurs and Employers, European Enterprise Alliance, SME Connect and Energetyka 24.
As part of the Energy Forum, ZPP actively participates in shaping the direction of development of the Polish energy sector. Together with our partners and members, we undertake strategic legislative initiatives aimed at effective energy transformation.
Recent geopolitical events have a significant impact not only on the energy sector, but on the entire industry, which is the strength of the national economy. We see an urgent need to ensure security for the Polish energy system and to strengthen its independence.
10:00 am – Registration
11:00 am – Welcome and introduction to the discussion – Marcin Nowacki, Vice President
of the Management Board of ZPP
11:03 am – Welcome word from Piotr Dziadzio, Undersecretary of State, Chief National Geologist, Government Plenipotentiary for the State’s Raw Materials Policy, Ministry of Climate and Environment (Poland)
11:07 am – Introduction from Anna Zalewska, Member of the European Parliament
11:08 am – Introduction from Grzegorz Tobiszowski, Member of the European Parliament
11:11 am – Speach from the Strategic Partner – Andrzej Kensbok, Vice President Finance KGHM Polska Miedź
11:15 am – First discussion pannel: Nuclear Energy – Small Nuclear Reactors (SMRs)
Topics: The renaissance of nuclear energy in Central Europe – France as a European nuclear hub – nuclear energy in taxonomy and the European Green Deal – mechanisms supporting nuclear technologies – a way to use nuclear fuel.
- Gianfranco Brunetti, Deputy Head of Unit, Nuclear Energy, Nuclear Waste and Decommissioning, DG ENER (D2), European Commission
- Piotr Dziadzio, Undersecretary of State, Chief National Geologist, Government Plenipotentiary for the State’s Raw Materials Policy, Ministry of Climate and Environment (Poland)
- Andrei Goicea, Policy Director, NuclearEurope
- Kamil Orzeł, Director of the Regulation Department, KGHM Polska Miedź
- Anna Zalewska, Member of the European Parliament
MODERATOR: Kamil Zawicki, Co-Managing Partner, Kubas Kos Gałkowski
1:30 pm – Second discussion pannel: Offshore wind energy – the potential of the Baltic Sea
Topics: offshore growth potential in the Baltic Sea – European local content in offshore – port facilities, fleet – offshore and biodiversity – the specificity of the Baltic Sea in offshore investments.
- Marcin Nowacki, President of European Enterprise Alliance
- Dariusz Lociński, President of the Management Board, PGE Batlica
- Kristian Ruby, Secretary General, Eurelectric (TBC)
- Pierre Tardieu, Chief Policy Officer, Wind Europe
- Pernille Weiss, Member of the European Parliament via video statement
- Ricardo Renedo Williams, Policy Officer for Infrastructure and Regional Cooperation at Directorate-General for Energy (DG ENER), European Commission
MODERATOR: Matthew James, Publisher, Energy Post
2:15 pm – Coffee Break
2:45 pm – Third discussion pannel: Fit for 55, REPowerEU and EU energy security
Topics: Fit for 55 structure and dependence on Russia – gas as a transition fuel – the role of nuclear energy in the European Green Deal – emission trading systems – Fit for 55 and the freedom to create an energy mix – CBAM – industry in the era of emission cuts.
- Paweł Majewski, President of the Management Board, ENEA S.A. (online)
- Alena Mastantuono, Member of the European Economic and Social Committee – Employers‘ Group, Delegate of the Czech Chamber of Commerce to EUROCHAMBRES
- Małgosia Rybak, Climate Change & Energy Director, CEPI
- Piotr Sprzączak, Deputy Director of International Cooperation Department at Ministry of Climate and Environment (Poland) (online)
- Grzegorz Tobiszowski, Member of the European Parliament
MODERATOR: Jakub Wiech, Deputy Editor-in-Chief – Energetyka24.com
Streaming online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-FMCt2IwHI