The Energy and Environment Forum of the Union of Entrepreneurs and Employers is an extended format of the Union’s Circular Economy Forum which has been operational since 2016. The Union of Entrepreneurs and Employers brings together, among others, companies launching packaged goods onto the market, companies dealing with municipal waste, recycling organisations and a number of entities from the energy and mining sectors. The enterprise sector is largely conditioned by the reality and regulations in the field of climate policy (industry structure, energy mix, emission costs) as well as environmental policies regarding air quality and access to water resources. Considering all of the above, the Union gathered economic stakeholders from these areas within one structure – the Energy and Environment Forum.
Division of work within the Energy and Environment Forum:
- Waste & Circular Economy
Objectives of the Forum:
- participation in the preparation of the plan for an energy transformation in Poland and implementation of the European Union climate policy priorities, taking into account the needs and specificity of our industry;
- development of positions on the new packaging waste management system, in accordance with the requirements set out in the Circular Economy Package;
- development of assumptions to and consultations of legislative acts regarding the implementation of the Single-Use Plastics Directive;
- development of recommendations in the scope of state policies with air quality improvement in mind;
- concept development aimed at simplification of the integrated environmental permits issuance system;
- cooperation in the field of legislation carried out domestically in Poland and at the level of European Union institutions in the scope of environmental protection;
- preparation and shared initiative with regard to common legislative positions;
- joint management of analytical projects and publication of co-authored reports;
- cooperation in the field of waste management communication.